April 10, 2008 by admin
It’s important to take care of your Professional Hair Straightener if you want it to last longer and continue to work at its best. When using your flat iron residue from hair products get stuck to the plates and this can cause damage to your hair as the product will burn with the high heat when you use your iron.
Here are some Tips for Cleaning Your Hair Straightener;
1. Always make sure your iron is off, unplugged and cool before cleaning.
2. Use a soft, damp, clean cloth to wipe the plates and dry with a soft, clean, dry cloth.
3. If product is built up in the edges of your iron use either a dry q-tip or your fingernail covered with tissue or a cloth to clean the edges. NEVER use anything sharp or pointy to clean the plates on your iron as this can scratch the plates.
4. For the best results, after using your iron, unplug it, let it cool and wipe it down (as in step 1) after every use. This way you don’t have to worry about product buildup which can become harder to clean the longer you wait.
5. Read your manual for other advice on cleaning and caring for your hair straightener.
To ensure that you get smooth, silky and shiny results from your hair straightener take care of your hair iron. It is also a good idea to make sure that you know what is important before using a hair straightener to help maintain the healthiest hair possible.