As a hairdresser, there are more things you’d need to worry about than you think. One of those things is your comfort as you are performing a haircut. For those who are left-handed, it may be a little difficult to perform haircuts but it is not impossible. With the special shear from Kamisori hair scissors, it isn’t hard at all to cut and be comfortable at the same time.
It’s not always fun having to do things left-handed because not all resources and tools are made for people who use their left hand. For example, bowling may be hard sometimes or baseball or even tennis. The world-famous brand of shears, Kamisori has made it that much easier, however, to perform a haircut. There are many different styles of these shears but they all perform one universal task.
One of the styles is called “Smoke” and it was designed originally for a hairdresser who is right-handed. The design on this particular shear is very narrow-nosed so that hair can be cut with a very sleek and easy cut. Most of the shears designed by this brand are similar to the narrow design of these shears but each pair have their own unique characteristics whether it be the performance or the appearance. After popular demand of this shear, Kamisori designed the “Smoke” for left-handers as well.
One of the most unique styles in left hand design is the “Cobra.” Also inspired by the right hand design, this shear is mainly for lightweight care and balance. The blades have holes cut in them to decrease the weight so hairstyles are easier to create. With these holes, balance is increased so that a more even cut is achieved for women with all hair lengths and styles.
When you think of haircutting obstacles, you may not think of being left-handed as a problem. It can be difficult to get a pair of hair scissors that will perform the same as a right-handed pair and still provide you with comfortability. All pairs of hair scissors designed by Kamisori are designed with a warranty that will ensure that you can cut every last strand of hair with comfort in mind.
When it comes to our hair, women all too often want what we don’t have. Lucky for us there are excellent tools available to help us achieve exactly what we crave. One of the most popular hair styling tools available is the curling iron. Curling irons are popular with women of all ages because you can achieve all types of styles and they are fairly simple to use.
A curling iron should be a staple of every woman’s hair care tool box. So when it comes to choosing a curling iron you will want to carefully consider your options and weigh the pros and cons of each one. After all, when it comes to style you want the best tool for the job and for your hair. Take a look at the following considerations when it comes to choosing an iron for you.
1) Price. Obviously the price of the curling iron is going to be a factor to consider before you purchase. And the price can range from drugstore cheapies around $10 to very high end irons which go for over $100. Remember however that price should not be the only consideration. Like with most things, you get what you pay for with a curling iron so be sure to balance the price point with the other features before you make your decision.
2) How much are you going to use the curling iron? This seems like a simple question; however it’s a very valid point. You may not want to break the bank if you’re only going to curl your hair for special occasions. Likewise, if you are professional stylist and plan on using your curling iron every day, you are going to need an iron that will stand up to repeated use and has a warranty.
3) Size does matter. What type of curl are you trying to create? Is there a particular style that you are hoping to achieve? The size of the curling iron barrel determines the tightness of the curl. If you want loose sexy waves, a bigger barrel- around 2” is probably what you are looking for. If you are trying to create ringlets or tight spiral curls, you will want a much smaller barrel – around ¾”.
Also the length of your hair will largely determine what size of curling iron barrel you choose. If you have long hair, it can handle a larger barrel size but using a 2” barrel on short hair just wouldn’t make sense. 1” barrels are probably the most common size for a curling iron, and are good for most lengths of hair.
4) Heat it up. Pay attention to the heat settings on curling irons. Some of the cheaper models will only have one setting, while others will have an adjustment. Look for a model where you can adjust the heat settings. This is important because not all hair was created equally. If you have thick or coarse hair you will likely need an iron that can be heated to a higher temperature of 180 to 200 degrees. However, if you have thin or damaged hair, a cooler temperature of 150 degrees will be all you need. An iron is useless if it burns your hair, or doesn’t get hot enough to create a curl.
5) Material madness. One of the most important features of a curling iron is what it is made of. The two most common types of curling iron materials are metal and ceramic. Metal curling irons are generally the cheaper of the three however they will often burn or damage hair if you use it every day and they may come with fewer features. A Ceramic curling iron is a better choice for protecting your hair and keeping it looking good. They are more expensive, however if you plan on using your curling iron frequently, these are definitely the curling irons to choose. They will maintain a constant even heat and will keep your hair looking smooth and healthy while styled.
With so many different things to consider, choosing a curling iron can seem like a big task. But don’t let it overwhelm you. Simply weigh all of the factors, until you determine what is most important for you and your hair.