Some women read on the internet just how easy using a hair straightener is and how simple it is to run the plates down your hair to create those smooth straight hairstyles that are so popular now on the red carpet and the runway. But for some no matter how hard they try with their hair iron their hair just does not come out looking good when they use the straightener on their hair. Some immediately blame the iron for the problem, and in some cases for those using cheap drugstore models, than that is probably the case. While for others who are using quality hair irons the answer is more likely to be in how they are going about straightening those locks.
Luckily just as there are plenty of web pages that talk about how easy to use flat irons are there are also those that talk about flat irons problems and solutions. These pages will help with things like what to do when the straightness comes out of your hair before your day is over, why your hair may be either excessively oily or excessively dry when you are using an iron, and so much more. Hair irons are very effective at straightening hair with a little practice and know how.
For those with curly, thick and/or coarse hair, straightening your hair is one thing, keeping it straight is another. By following a few professional hair style tips you can help manage curls and get straightness that lasts much longer.
1. Use a relaxing shampoo & conditioner.
2. Rinse hair with cool water to seal the hairs cuticle and fight frizz which is common with curly hair.
3. Choose a heat protectant styling aid that also works to relax the hair such as a straightening balm or relaxing cream.
4. Dry hair straight using a blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle, a paddle brush and do 2″ sections at a time, starting with the bottom layer of hair and working your way up to the top layers of hair.
5. Make sure hair is completely dry by going over your hair with your dryer on the cool air setting. If hair feels cold or damp to the touch then it is not completely dry. For the best results you want your hair to be completely dry.
6. Section hair into layers from bottom to top and starting with the bottom use a professional hair straightener to straighten 1-2″ sections at a time. Go slow and on the highest heat setting recommended for your hair type. Repeat until entire head of hair is straight.Touch up any sections that are not completely straight.
7. Once hair is straight, finish the style with a anti frizz shine serum, finishing spray or hair spray.
Products to consider;
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo, Conditioner
& Finishing Spray
TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Extra Extra Straight Hair Straightener
Jonathon Weightless Smoothing™ Products