Ok, so it isn’t quite yet Summer however, one can never be too prepared when it comes to hair trends, right? 2010 Summer Hairstyles are much about volume, beach waves, braids, hairstyles with texture and updo’s such as the ballerina inspired bun.
Summer Hair color includes natural looking shades of red and auburn, honey and platinum and hazelnut.
Hair care during the Summer is extremely important. The hot sun can cause major damage to your hair, just like it can your skin, so taking care of it is crucial. During the summer opt for hair care products which are formulated to protect against the heat and UV rays as well as using a deep conditioning treatment once per week can help keep hair shiny and healthy.
Recommended Summer Hair Care products;
Aveda Brilliant Damage Control – Uv Damaged For All Hair Types
As the years roll over so do the hair styles and what may have been a hair trend last year, may be a hair style no no this year. Of course, there are some classic hair styles that will never really go out of style, however, keep them up to date to keep yourself looking fresh.
Feminine angled bobs and choppy, layered hairstyles are a big trend right now.
Long, mermaid length hair.
Hairstyles for your face shape and show off your features. Drew Barrymore’s round face is slimmed down with a long, straight hairstyle.
Hair that hides your face. Choose a hairstyle to accentuate your best features, don’t hide them!
Multi-tonal Hair Color that is bright, shiny and healthy looking.
Mismatched highlights, two tone, brassy hair colors.
For more Hairstyle Trends check out 2010 Hairstyles for great photos and ideas.
Sweet Hair Trends, Maple Ridge, B.C. – Trish
2. Where do you currently work?
I rent a chair at a salon called Time in Eden in Maple Ridge, BC
3. How long have you been a stylist?
4. Which hairstyle is ‘Hot’ Right now?
5. And ‘Not’?
6. What hair color do you recommend for the upcoming season?
Depends what color your hair is to start with… caramel’s still popular
7. Have you ever worked your magic on a celebrity? If so who? If not, then who would be your dream client?
I wish! Matthew McConaughey, or Jennifer Aniston
8. What brand of professional hair styling aids would we find at your work station?
Sebastian- Shaper Plus Hairspray, Paul Mitchell- Super Skinny Serum, Joico- JoiGel, Rusk- Being Warped Wax
9. When someone is choosing a stylist, what is a ‘must’ they should look for?
ME! (Just kidding!) Someone who listens to them and what they want. However, it is exciting to change with the styles and not stick to the same old look for years. I suggest you let the stylist know what you want, but then also be willing to hear what they think will look good on you. You may be pleasantly surprised… you may not have thought that style could be on YOU!
10. Would you share with us a few your best hair tips or insider secrets?
- Use a mousse/gel/ liquid shine combo (on wet hair) to get volume, control, and shine when styling.
- If mousse is too drying on your hair, try a spray gel at the roots and mid-shaft, and gel or wax on the ends to hold them together.