Here the top 10 hair straightening tips to make sure you get the best results from your flat iron, every time!
1. Always make sure your flat iron plates are clean! Use a soft damp cloth on a cool iron to wipe away any residue.
2. Allow your flat iron to fully heat up to the set temperature before styling.
3. Blow dry hair straight before straightening hair and make sure hair is completely dry before hair straightening to avoid burning hair.
4. Use a heat protectant styling aid to keep hair healthy when using heated styling tools.
5. Section hair into layers so you can start with the back bottom layers of your hair and work your way up and around the head.
6. Straighten 1 inch sections of hair at a time.
7. Glide the iron SLOWLY down the section of hair for best results and to avoid having to go over the section of hair more than once.
8. If your hair is super curly, follow a comb with your flat iron down the section of hair during straightening to help smooth the hair.