April 4, 2008 by admin
For those with curly, thick and/or coarse hair, straightening your hair is one thing, keeping it straight is another. By following a few professional hair style tips you can help manage curls and get straightness that lasts much longer.
1. Use a relaxing shampoo & conditioner.
2. Rinse hair with cool water to seal the hairs cuticle and fight frizz which is common with curly hair.
3. Choose a heat protectant styling aid that also works to relax the hair such as a straightening balm or relaxing cream.
4. Dry hair straight using a blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle, a paddle brush and do 2″ sections at a time, starting with the bottom layer of hair and working your way up to the top layers of hair.
5. Make sure hair is completely dry by going over your hair with your dryer on the cool air setting. If hair feels cold or damp to the touch then it is not completely dry. For the best results you want your hair to be completely dry.
6. Section hair into layers from bottom to top and starting with the bottom use a professional hair straightener to straighten 1-2″ sections at a time. Go slow and on the highest heat setting recommended for your hair type. Repeat until entire head of hair is straight.Touch up any sections that are not completely straight.
7. Once hair is straight, finish the style with a anti frizz shine serum, finishing spray or hair spray.
Products to consider;
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo, Conditioner
& Finishing Spray
TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Extra Extra Straight Hair Straightener
Jonathon Weightless Smoothing™ Products