I love red hair and it seems celebrities such as Kat Von D and Jessica Alba do too! Kat has chosen a bold, bright red hue where as Jessica Alba’s red hair is a little more natural looking shade of dark auburn. Red hair is a hot trend and a big part of 2010 Summer Hairstyles.
Shades of auburn and copper are popular shades of red and although you can get red hair from a bottle, for the most natural looking red hair I would suggest you see your stylist!
If you choose to go red keep in mind that red is the fastest hair color to fade so be sure to use hair care products for color treated hair to help keep your new hue looking fresh and vibrant!
Ok, so she didn’t really chop it all off, she is wearing one of Ken Paves Hairdo wigs. Jessica Simpson wrote on Twitter, in regards to the short hairstyle, that she felt like Carol Brady from The Brady Bunch.
The view from the side looks alright, however from the front, I’m just not feeling it. What do you think, do you like Jessica Simpson’s short hairstyle?
Those of you who have thin hair understand how frustrating it can be at times when no matter what you seem to do with your hair you just cannot get any volume or make hair look any thicker. Well, there are a couple of options that when used together, will provide you with thicker, fuller looking hair.
1. The RIGHT haircut/hairstyle – this is your most important step right here, hairstyles for thin hair are designed to help make hair appear and feel fuller and with more volume. Ask your stylist to help design a hair cut and hairstyle for your thin hair as well as have her show you how to style it using the necessary hair tools to help get maximum fullness and body.
2. Hair Care Products - using hair care products for thin hair is the 2nd step and when combined with the right haircut and style, will help you in achieving fullness. Ask your stylist to recommend hair care products for your hair type and hair style.
One of Hollywood’s best dressed young starlets, Camilla Belle always looks fabulous whether she is walking the red carpet or shopping Hollywood. Camilla Belle’s style is sophisticated and classy and her hairstyles are none the less.
How to get this Camilla Belle Hairstyle -
- Apply a styling foam such as Joico K Pak Thermal Designing Foam to damp hair.
- Using a large flat brush smooth hair as you blow dry until hair is completely dry.
- Section your hair so that you can work with the bottom under layers of your hair first, pinning the top half of your hair up and out of the way.
- Using a large barreled curling iron, curl 2″ sections of hair, rolling the curling iron up and stopping at chin level. Hold for 5-10 seconds and release. Repeat on all of your hair.
- Create a side part and take the section of hair from one side from in front of your ear and up to your temple and pull it back, slightly twisting it and secure the section underneath your hair at the back of your head using a couple of bobby pins.
- Shape and loosen curls using your fingers, pulling them over the opposite shoulder of the side you pinned your hair on and apply a flexible hold hairspray all over to help set your hairstyle.
A flat iron is an extremely versatile hair tool as it can straighten, curl and flip hair as well as be used to add volume to your hair.
Follow these simple steps to Add Volume to Hair Using your Flat Iron;
1. Section hair so that you can work from the back bottom layers first and then work your way up to the top and front sections of your hair.
2. Taking a section of hair about 1-2 inches wide, clamp your flat iron right at the root of your hair.
3. With your flat iron, pull the section straight up as you glide the iron over the section of hair. Repeat over all of your hair.
4. Once you reach the top of your head, pull the section of hair with your flat iron into the opposite direction in which you want your hair to fall and then flip it back over.
5. Spray hair with a light mist of hairspray to help hold style.
Recommended Hairstyling Products to help add volume to hair-
Ok, so it isn’t quite yet Summer however, one can never be too prepared when it comes to hair trends, right? 2010 Summer Hairstyles are much about volume, beach waves, braids, hairstyles with texture and updo’s such as the ballerina inspired bun.
Summer Hair color includes natural looking shades of red and auburn, honey and platinum and hazelnut.
Hair care during the Summer is extremely important. The hot sun can cause major damage to your hair, just like it can your skin, so taking care of it is crucial. During the summer opt for hair care products which are formulated to protect against the heat and UV rays as well as using a deep conditioning treatment once per week can help keep hair shiny and healthy.
Recommended Summer Hair Care products;
Aveda Brilliant Damage Control – Uv Damaged For All Hair Types
Naturally curly hair can be, at times, difficult to manage but with the right hair tools and hair styling products natural curls can be tamed.
Take Care - taking care of your curly hair is important as curly hair can tend to be more dry and coarse than straight hair. Using hair care products for curly hair is your best choice as they are formulated to help tame frizz, moisturize and give curly it’s must needed nourishment.
Soft and Shiny - soft, shiny curls are what’s hot, crunchy, hard curls, not! These days there are tons of great styling products for curly hair which help smooth, soften and shape curls without the crunch.
The Right Tools - using the right tools to help style curly hair is another important step. Use a diffuser with your hair dryer to help combat frizz, add volume and shape curls.
Cut it Out – the right haircut is probably the most important step in having great looking curls. Layers and textured hair can do wonders for curly hair. When choosing a hair stylist make sure to find one who has experience with natural curly hair!
Blake Lively, star of Gossip Girl, looks fabulous with her large, shiny bouncy curls and according to Cosmo Magazine, is one of the top requested celebrity hairstyles.
How to get Blake Lively’s Curly Hairstyle;
- Apply a heat protectant to damp hair.
- Using a large paddle brush to lift your roots from the scalp and blow dry until roots are completely dry.
- Using a round brush, smooth and dry 2 inch sections of hair with your hair dryer until all of your hair is dry.
- Finally, using a large sized curling iron, curl medium sized sections of hair and hold until hair feels hot.
- Release hair and immediately curl up the section with your fingers and secure it to your scalp using a bobby pin.
- Once all hair has been curled and pinned, take pins out and using your fingers or wide tooth comb, separate curls.
- For extra shine, try a finishing gloss such as Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss which also works to smooth hair while adding major shine.
Side swept bangs are not only a hot trend but are also a very flirty and sexy bang. To get the perfect side swept bang you see on stars like Reese Witherspoon follow these simple steps.
- Ask your stylist to cut your bangs so that they hit right between your eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Remember, when styling your side swept bangs, you want them to lay flat, not flip under like they did in the 80′s.
- Part your bangs at the side and using a medium sized flat brush, brush your bangs downwards as you blow dry.
- As you blow dry your bangs be sure to point your hair dryer downwards at your bangs, holding the dryer directly about your fringe.
- To help keep bangs in place spray an eyebrow brush with a light mist of hairspray and comb over bangs for a soft hold.
Audrina Patridge is known as one of the original primary cast members on the MTV reality show The Hills. Her style is feminine and sexy and her hair is no less, usually seen worn long with loose waves or straight and sleek.
How to Get Audrina Patridge Hairstyle -
- Wash hair using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply an Anti-Frizz Thermal Protecting Spray to damp hair to protect and keep hair smooth and frizz free.
- Blow dry hair using a round brush to add volume and smooth hair.
- Using a 1 inch curling iron wrap 2 inch sections of hair around the barrel of your curling iron to about ear level, holding for 10 seconds before moving onto the next section. This will create the wavy hairstyle like Audrina Patridge.
- When done all sections of your hair apply a small amount of polishing gloss to the palms of your hands and gently smooth it over your hair.
- Avoid touching your hair too much in order to keep it smooth and from getting frizzy.