Ever wonder how to use a hair waver for soft, smooth wavey hair? Using a hair waver is pretty simple however, by following a few tips, you can avoid any kinks and unnatural looking waves.
Tip 1 – Always place the plate of the hair waver under the hair with the barrels clamping down onto the top of your hair.
Tip 2 – To create a natural looking wave keep you hair waver tilted slightly to keep the edge of the waver from denting the hair.
Tip 3 – When waving hair, always make sure to place the first barrel into the last wave so your waves interlock together, preventing any dents or kinks.
Tip 4 – When waving the ends, be sure that the ends of your hair are tucked into the barrel so that there are no kinks or dents.
Tip 5 – When waving sections of hair, pull them away from the scalp to create movement and to avoid stiff looking waves.
Tip 6 – Use your fingers to gently break up waves and give wavy hair a soft, natural look.
A 3 barreled hair waver is a great hairstyling tool if you want soft, natural looking waves and beach waves. A hair waver is great for all hair types and hair lengths and is an easy way to get wavy hair!
Carrie Underwood hairstyles always look fabulous and this side ponytail is one hairstyle that can easily be copied! Perfect for a night out or an everyday hairstyle, the side ponytail looks great no matter when you wear it!
How to get Carrie Underwood Hairstyle – Side Ponytail
You will need;
- Hot Rollers
- Rattail Comb
Wash hair, apply a heat protectant and blow dry hair. To add volume and get the curls, set hair in hot rollers.
Remove hot rollers and using your hair comb, tease the crown section of your hair jsut a bit to add some volume.
Gather hair into a loose side ponytail and secure with an elastic which matches your hair color or to dress this side pony hairstyle up a bit, use a decorated hair elastic.
Spray hairstyle lightly with hairspray to hold style and curl.
I absolutely love Kellie Pickler’s Hairstyle in her ad for Big Sexy Hair! Perhaps it is partly to do with the fact I myself have a bob, but I also have a thing for wavy and curly bob hairstyles! Kellie Pickler is the new Spokes model for Big Sexy Hair and I think she is perfect, she really shows how short hairstyles can look amazingly feminine and sexy on women!
To achieve this Kellie Pickler Hairstyle you will need the following-
Hairdryer with Diffuser
2″ Barreled Curling Iron
Big Sexy Curl Power Curl Enhancer
1. Wash and dry hair, apply Big Sexy Curl Power Curl Enhancer to damp hair.
2. Using your diffuser, hold your hair dryer under your hair while scrunching curls with your fingers. Lift your roots with your fingers while drying to create volume.
3. Create a side part which angles from the front of your hairline towards the back of your head. As pictured in the photo of Kellie Pickler’s straight Hairstyle.
4. Using your curling iron, take 1-2″ sections of hair and curl hair towards the back of your head. If you have bangs like Kellie Pickler, tuck them into the longer side sections of your hair to keep them away from your face.
5. Spray with a flexible hold hairspray to help keep style.
The ladies of the 2009 American Music Awards were looking pretty amazing this year. As for hairstyles we saw everything from short pixie cuts to long, layered locks.
Alicia Keys rocked a retro look complete with blue eyeshadow and a 40′s inspired updo, while Fergie kept the makeup simple her hair made a major statement with large, soft waves and subtle red highlights. Rhianna kept her hairstyle funky, to no surprise, and instead had her eyes popping with an airbrush like effect of winged red eyeliner, her lips in nude to balance her look.
Fergie is looking pretty good on the Dec. 2009 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine! Her hair looks shiny and smooth yet with a touch of rocked out waves.
- Apply an anti frizz styling product to damp hair and blow dry hair using a diffuser. If your hair is curly, straighten it as you dry it.
- Part hair slightly off center.
- Using a large barreled curling iron, curl random sections of hair. Leave out the ends of hair so that they go in different directions.
- Flip head over and lightly brush out curls with your fingers so that you have waves.
- Using a texturizing balm mix it with a pea sized amount of shine serum and work through strands of hair to create shiny, piecey waves. Smooth roots with the excess product on your hands being careful not to apply too much product at the roots as too much will make hair look oily.
*photo courtesy of cosmopolitan.com
This season, holiday hair is sleek, chic and elegant. Hairstyles such as the loose chignon, soft waves and the classic pony are hot trends for 2009 holiday hair.
This year, the chignon goes from the classic to a more modern version that is loose and somewhat messy looking. To create this look, blow dry hair and create a deep side part. Secure hair into a low pony tail. Taking sections of hair, wrap them around the base of the ponytail, securing with bobby pins. To create the more modern messy chignon, leave ends of your hair out.
The classic pony is a sweet and sophisticated hairstyle and can easily be vamped up for the holiday season with a rhinestone hair clip, gold or silver bobby pins or other hair accessories. The 2009 holiday ponytail is sleek, shiny and smooth looking but not flat. Use a flat iron to create super straight, shiny strands before securing hair into a ponytail that sits in the middle of your head. Brush hair straight back or create a part anywhere you like. Cover your hair elastic by wrapping a section of hair around it and securing with a bobby pin. Lightly spray hair with a hairspray to tame flyaways.
To create soft waves, apply a texture enhancing styling cream and blow dry hair. Taking sections 1-2 inches, wrap them around the barrel of your curling, hold for a few seconds and then let go. Once you have done all of your hair apply a shine serum for soft, glossy waves.
Sleek, shiny hair is easy to obtain with the right hair styling products and a professional hair straightener. Follow these simple steps for soft, glossy, touch me strands.
1. Apply an anti frizz thermal protector to damp hair and distribute evenly by combing over hair with a wide tooth comb.
2. Using your blow dryer, with a directional nozzle, blow dry hair sections of hair, keeping the nozzle pointed downwards to keep hair smooth. If you have wavy or curly hair, use a round brush to help smooth out hair as you blow dry. Once hair is dry, go over your hair using the cool shot button to help further smooth out your hair.
3. Clip the top and side sections of your hair up so that you can start with the back sections of your hair.
4. Taking sections 1 inch at a time, using your flat iron, slowly glide the iron down the section of your hair. Going slowly over your hair will not only keep you from going over and over the same section, but this also alows the heat to better penetrate your hair and smooth out locks.
Use the highest heat setting recommeneded for your hair as the higher the heat, the smoother your hair will be. Repeat this step until the back section of hair is done, working your way to the sides and then the top sections of your hair.
5. Once you have straightened all of your hair, take a polishing gloss or shine serum and distribute evenly over all of your hair. Remember, start out with less, as you can always add more, using too much shine serum can cause hair to look oily.
* If you have wavy or curly hair you may want to use a flexile hold hairspray to help lock in your sleek, shiny hairstyle!
Want to know how to get Taylor Swift’s curly hairstyle? The following is a simple step by step ‘how to’ in achieving this curly hairstyle you often see this popular singer wearing.
1. After washing hair, towel dry and apply a styling product such as a curl enhancing mousse or a texture enhancing cream. For the best blow out follow these simple steps on How To Blow Dry Hair but be sure when drying the top sections of your hair (step 6) to create a deep side part and blow dry hair in the direction of the part instead of straight back.
2. The top of Taylor Swifts hairstyle is straight so you only want to curl your hair from just above your ears down to the ends. Using a 1″ curling iron, wrap 1-2 inch sections (alternate for more natural looking curls) around the barrel of your curling iron and hold for 5-10 seconds and then let go. To avoid a dent in your hair do not clamp hair in your curling iron, just wrap the section of hair around the curling iron.
3. Using your fingers, loosen some of the curls to create some waves, as you can see in the photo above of Taylor Swift, her hair is both curls and loose waves.
4. Apply a small amount of shine serum and rub into the palms of your hands, lightly run your hands over your hair or use a shine spray being careful that you don’t over do it as too much serum can make hair look oily and go flat. Spray with a flexible hold hairspray and you’re good to go!
Note- If your hair needs more texture and volume at the roots, spray your finger tips with your hairspray and place fingers into your roots and gently rub your fingers back and forth to help lift roots and add some separation and texture.
1. Towel dry your hair by patting hair, avoid rubbing as this causes frizz and damage to the hair.
2. Apply desired hair styling product, a heat protectant is a must to keep hair healthy!
3. For best results, use an Ionic Hair Dryer, without the nozzle. On the high heat and medium speed settings, lift your hair using your fingers while you dry your roots. As you glide your fingers from the roots to the ends of your hair, follow with your blow dryer. Do this until your roots are mostly dry and your ends are slightly damp.
4. To smooth the sides of your hair, part your hair horizontally two inches from the back hairline and clip up the front section so it is out of your way. Put your nozzle back on your hair dryer and set your hair dryer to the high heat and speed setting.
5. Using a round hair brush pull sections about 3 inches wide out to the side and wrap the ends of your hair around the hair brush and hold hair in place using your thumb. Making sure the nozzle is pointed downwards at all times, run the hair dryer up and down the section of hair.
6. To add volume to your hair, unclip the front section of your hair and starting at the front of your head, place the round brush under your hair and pull the section straight up and then roll hair back towards the scalp following with your hair dryer. Hold for a few seconds and then unroll. Repeat this step until the front section of your hair is dry.
7. To set hair and make hair smooth and shiny, put your blow dryer on the cool setting and go over all of your hair.